TMF Group Qatar has been helping businesses grow locally and internationally by lending their HR expertise. We ensure that you are compliant with the Qatari Labour Law and all HR requirements. Our in-country teams are culturally aware and keep up-to-date with changes in local regulations.
TMF will assist you to secure work permits for your employees in Qatar. The procedures for obtaining a visa in Qatar depends on many factors; we will advise you on the most efficient way to proceed with your employees’ visa applications.
When assisting with employee work permits, we can:
- Provide information about the detailed administrative steps and guidance in obtaining all permits
- Consult you on the documentation required for your employees from his/her home country (education certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc.)
- The legalisation and attestation of company documentation locally
- Provide guidance in regard to the document attestations required
- Correspond with the authority in regard to the visa, including the documents/government fees submission and follow up on the application
- Organise the employee's medical fitness test for the work permit purpose
- Acquire Qatari ID for your employees
- Acquire Computer Card and Tax Card for your business
TMF Group will ensure that all of your employees’ legal documentation and requirements are ready and processed before entering the country.
A properly documented payroll process is imperative for all companies operating in Qatar, following the implementation of the Wage Protection System (WPS).
Wage Protection System
The Wage Protection System (WPS) is an electronic salary transfer system developed by the Qatar Central Bank and the Ministry of Labour to ensure timely and full payment of wages through a database. The new system, which was due to be implemented in August 2015, allows companies and institutions to pay employees’ wages via banks and financial institutions approved and authorised by the Central Bank.
Companies that fail to abide by this process will face penalties or fines and will not be able to obtain work permits. The WPS covers all institutions which have their employees registered with the Ministry of Labour across all sectors and industries.
To read more about the WPS and how TMF can help, please click here.
For the technical specification of the WPS, please click here.
Outsourcing your payroll in Qatar
When you are operating across borders and employing an international workforce, you need careful planning to ensure you are fully compliant with your global HR policies and procedures, and more importantly with local regulation. Companies that are non-compliant will risk facing legal sanctions including fines and penalties, and may suffer reputational damage.
With our highly qualified professionals and fully localised payroll software, TMF Group can manage your end-to-end payroll process.
TMF Group offers a wide range of payroll services in Qatar and across the Middle East including but not limited to:
- Preparing standard reports e.g. gross to net, variance, gratuity accruals and pay slips
- Providing sophisticated payslip distributions that will allow employees to access their current and previous payslips anytime, anywhere using unique login details and a self- service portal
- Integrating complex interface data and providing a flexible system that is compatible with any HR software and applications
- Complying with labour regulations in all Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries including the Wage Protection System (WPS) in Qatar