Last updated: October 2022
This Website Policy ("Policy") sets out how TMF Group uses your personal data when you visit this website.
This website (http://www.tmf-group.com) is administered and operated by TMF Group B.V., Herikerbergweg 238, 1101 CM Amsterdam (P.O. Box 23393, 1100 DW Amsterdam), the Netherlands ("TMF Group"). TMF Group is the data controller with respect to your personal data processed on this website.
TMF Group reserves the right to change (sections of) this Policy at any time and without notice. It is recommended that you review this Policy periodically for changes.
Personal data TMF Group collects
The personal data TMF Group collects about you when you visit and use this website include the following:
- Information you provide to TMF Group. We collect data that you choose to provide to TMF Group, whether as an individual or as a legal entity, when filling out enquiry forms on this website, when subscribing to e-mail alerts (eAlerts), when downloading publications or other documents from our websites or when otherwise corresponding with TMF Group on this website. Such data includes your first name and surname, job title, email address, telephone number, geographic region and information about your preferences and interests (such as topics and services).
Purpose for which TMF Group uses personal data
TMF Group collects and uses your personal data for the purposes described below and on the following lawful bases:
- For our legitimate (business) interests. Our legitimate interests include to analyse visits to and use of this website, to improve and develop our services, to administer this website, to give you a better user experience, for internal operations including troubleshooting, to understand and measure the effectiveness of advertising, to deliver relevant advertising, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes, to generate aggregated statistics, to ensure the security of our services and website and to prevent fraud, hacking and spamming.
- Based on your consent. We use your personal data based on your consent when you sign up to receiving our marketing communications through our website (e.g. through eAlerts) or otherwise expressly consent to the use of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting-out by following the opt-out instructions in the relevant marketing communication.
How TMF Group shares your personal data
TMF Group does not share your personal data other than as described below:
- Data controllers within TMF Group. Your personal data will be shared between the responsible TMF Group companies that may use your personal data as described in this Policy. An overview of the TMF Group affiliates can be found here.
- Website hosting partners and processors. TMF Group engages third party vendors, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to TMF Group on behalf of TMF Group, such as support for the internal operations of this website, technical services (e.g. technical support), as well as related offline support services, data storage and other services. An overview of TMF subprocessors can be found here.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. TMF Group also discloses your personal data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on TMF Group, or to protect the rightsWeor safety of the website, TMF Group or its affiliated companies.
- Third parties with consent. TMF Group also discloses information about you, including personal data, to any other third party, where you have expressly consented or requested TMF Group to do so.
- Third parties in case of a corporate transaction. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of TMF Group's assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Security measures taken by TMF Group
In order to protect your personal data TMF Group has implemented various security measures. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people, who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential.
Please keep in mind that no website or internet transmission is completely secure. Therefore, TMF Group cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. TMF Group urges you to take steps to keep your personal data safe, such as closing your web browser when finished using this website.
TMF Group will retain the personal data processed through this website for as long as necessary for the purposes for which the data was originally collected, unless a longer retention period is applicable under any applicable laws.
TMF Group may transfer and process any personal data you provide to TMF Group through this website to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. TMF Group will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. More in particular for data transferred from the EEA, UK and/or Switzerland to countries outside the EEA, UK and/or Switzerland, TMF Group will ensure that it has entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required. The internal data transfers within TMF Group to countries that do not provide an adequate level of protection are covered by TMF Group's Binding Corporate Rules, which can be found here or by Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission or any other supervisory authority where required.
Third party websites
This website contains links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit this website. While these third-party websites are selected with care, TMF Group cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the website policy of the website you are visiting (if such a policy is provided).
To the extent applicable under laws, you can access the following rights by means of sending an email to email@example.com: right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to object, right to restrict data processing and your right to data portability. Whenever reasonably possible and required under applicable laws, we will strive to grant these rights within one month.
You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. TMF Group will then stop sending you marketing communications.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how TMF Group processes your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
We make a complex world simple
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. More than 10,000 colleagues in 125 offices across 86 jurisdictions provide local expertise. Our locations cover 92% of world GDP and 95% of FDI inflow.We are a key part of our clients’ governance, providing the accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration and legal entity management services essential to their success. We make sure rules are followed, reputations protected and operational compliance maintained. We work with the majority of the Fortune Global 500, FTSE 100 and top 300 private equity firms. Learn more about us Learn more about us
Expand your business efficiently across borders
Get in touch to find out how we can help your organisation grow in a complex world.Contact us Contact us