Procedures can be rather draining when starting a business in Japan, with several layers of bureaucracy to be navigated before a company can get on its feet. According to The World Bank and International Finance Corporation’s latest Doing Business report, Japan is ranked 81st in the world in terms of ease of starting a business, with eight procedures required, taking an average of 10.2 days.
Our local team on the ground in Japan can help you with multi-jurisdictional corporate governance changes, company name changes (often needed after acquisitions), provision of registered offices, and incorporations or liquidations across multiple jurisdictions.
Our business support services in Japan can help with:
- Legal entity incorporations in Japan
- Provision of local directors and statutory auditors
- Provision of client bank accounts and liaising with relevant parties
- Support to group reorganizations, secondments and interim resources
- Local registered offices
- General administrative support such as company seal custody
- SPV administration support for PE/RE fund and international holding structure